What is breast lift?
To be able to place dental implants in substitution of lost upper teeth, we need a minimum of bone in both vertical (height) and horizontal (width). Breast lift is a surgical technique that is used in those cases in which there is not enough bone to place the implants in the maxilla.
What can cause a decrease in bone in the maxilla?
The trigger is the loss of the teeth of the upper jaw that, in turn, causes:
- The reabsorption of the bone in width and height, that is, the patient experiences a loss of bone.
- In addition, the maxillary sinus, which is a structure above the posterior molars, begins to pneumatize (grows and occupies more space), which limits the space of the bone.
Benefits of breast lift:
It allows to place dental implants in patients with little bone.
It avoids that you have to take prosthesis of “removes and pon”. Before this technique was performed in patients with little bone, the only solution was to carry removable non-fixed prostheses because the dental implants could not be placed
Avoid having to place zygomatic implants, a technique that is more complex surgically.
Why perform the Breast Lift treatment at Abaden Dentistas?
- Clinical Session: We perform a joint diagnosis involving doctors, dentists of various specialties and prosthetics. The benefit is that the patient is being treated by professionals who have 28 years of shared experiences to their credit.
- Dental Sedation: We have a team of doctors anesthetists fixed, this allows us to offer our patients the sedation service every day of the week. Thanks to dental sedation, the patient will be asleep while the entire procedure is being performed.
- Experience and training: The team of surgeons who perform this type of intervention are specialists who hold a Master’s degree in Periodontal Surgery and Implants and who have extensive experience in performing this type of surgery.